Waldorf University welcomes students who wish to transfer from other colleges and universities. College credit may be granted for courses satisfactorily completed at accredited institutions. The university reserves the right not to grant credit for courses where it considers the work unsatisfactory, for courses taken at an unaccredited institution and to require that certain courses be taken at Waldorf.


  1. Complete Admissions Application – It’s FREE! 
  2. Request official high school transcripts and official transcripts from all Colleges/Universities you have attended. 

    Include PSEO and Dual Enrollment coursework. Official transcripts can be sent via standard mail, eScript, Parchment, or through the National Student Clearinghouse.

    For direct mail please send to:
    Waldorf University
    c/o Office of Admissions
    106 S. 6th St.
    Forest City, IA  50436

  3. Pay Tuition Deposit/Housing Deposit Upon Admission
    Due to current circumstances, Waldorf University has temporarily waived the tuition deposit. Students who plan to live on-campus, must pay a housing deposit upon acceptance to the University. The housing deposit is refundable until the day before classes begin. The housing deposit can be paid online or by calling the business office at 641-585-8135.

  4. Schedule a Campus Visit/Virtual Experience (optional) 

    Experiencing the campus environment is an important factor in the college decision process. Waldorf University offers a variety of opportunities for prospective students to experience life as a Warrior such as individual campus visits, virtual experiences, the athletic open house and the fall open house.

  5. Complete Scholarship Requirements

    All full-time degree-seeking students who are athletes must work directly with the appropriate athletic coach for athlete scholarship offers and requirements. All full-time degree-seeking students who do not receive an athletic scholarship will qualify for a merit-based academic scholarship AND a participation award. Explore the non-athlete scholarship options or visit with your admissions counselor for more information on other types of scholarship options for non-athletes. *Note that Waldorf University follows a resident and commuter scholarship plan.

  6. File FAFSA

    Students who would like to be eligible for federal aid, must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using Waldorf school code 001895 as soon as possible after October 1.

    • If a student has already completed the FAFSA, the student must retrieve the completed Fafsa and add the Waldorf school code.  
    • If a student will not be filing a FAFSA, they must inform their admissions counselor. 
  7. Register for W.O.A.R

    The Warrior Orientation and Registration event is a required event for all new incoming students to help get ready for the first semester at Waldorf.  During this event, the student will be able to register for classes, finalize the financial aid packet, discus housing and meal plans and much more.

  8. Parking Permit Fee

    If the student is planning to have a motor vehicle on campus, the student must complete a registration form and send it (along with the $50 parking fee) to the office of Student Life.

  9. SPORTSWAREONLINE (Required for all new incoming students)
    Prior to the student’s arrival to campus, ALL students must provide the University with their current address, emergency contact, insurance, medical alert and health history information. To expedite this process Waldorf University uses an online data entry system called SportsWareOnline.

Transfer Admissions Requirements

Admissions to Waldorf requires a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.


  • Waldorf University allows transfer credits from other accredited institutions of higher learning, training and relevant professional licenses and certificates. The University Registrar will evaluate them.
  •  Students who have earned an A.A. from an accredited institution will have their degree considered for meeting all general education core requirements with the exception of two religion courses and any specific courses required by the individual major area of study. 
  • For courses to be considered, students must have successfully completed courses comparable to Waldorf courses with grades of C or all coursework earned within a major or minor must have a grade of C- or higher. 
  • Up to 75% of undergraduate courses can be transferred into an undergraduate degree program based upon the degree requirements.


Transfer students that have earned 60 credits prior to the first day of their first semester at Waldorf are exempt from the university three-year residency requirement and are not required to live in campus housing. Transfer students entering Waldorf University with 59 credits or less are required to participate in the three-year on-campus housing residency requirement unless they meet at least one of the following exceptions;

  • Be at least 21 years old by September 1 for the fall semester and by January 15 for the spring semester
  • Be married
  • Have children living with them
  • Have lived on campus for at least six semesters
  • Have transferred in with at least 60 earned transferable credits prior to the start of the semester
  • Live at home with parents and commuting from their permanent address within a 35-mile radius of the university

*Waldorf University reserves the right to rescind an admissions decision due to various circumstances deemed appropriate by the University including, but not limited to personal behavior and social conduct that may poorly reflect Waldorf University. 


Students who have interrupted attendance at Waldorf University for one semester or more and who wish to return must apply for re-admission through the Admissions Office. Students who have attended other institution(s) of higher learning during their absence from Waldorf University must have an official transcript sent from each institution to the Admissions Office.


A student enrolled in fewer than 12 credit hours of coursework during any semester is considered a part-time student. Part-time students enroll directly with the Office of the Registrar.